Become a Coach in Good Standing
Interested in becoming a coach with DSA? Great! We are here to help you every step of the way. Please read thru the information below and follow the directions, then be sure to read thru our other Coaches information such as Coaching Education and Laws of the Game to prepare yourself for the season. Good Standing coaches will have all of the following actions completed:
- Register as a coach thru GotSoccer for the current season
- Background check for the current season
- Coaches picture (headshot for the current season)
- Concussion awareness for the current season
STEP 1 – REGISTER AS A COACH THRU GOTSOCCER
We use GotSoccer to register our players and coaches. This platform will also allow you (once you have been assigned a team and players) to view your team information, print game sheets and email your team! Once you have read thru these steps and are ready to volunteer as a coach, simply CLICK HERE to register. Please remember your user id and password, you will need it each time that you login as a coach.
STEP 2 – BACKGROUND CHECK AND PICTURE
Anyone who could possibly be left alone with or in charge of players should complete a background check and upload a head shot picture of them self in their GotSoccer Coach account.
A background check is required each June. If you have completed a background check after June 1st, you will not need a new one until the following June.
- Log into your GotSoccer Coach account CLICK HERE
- From the gray menu bar, select “Background Checks”.
- Select “Submit A New Report”
- Complete the online instructions.
- Upload a HEADSHOT picture of yourself. This should look like a driver’s license picture of just your face.
- You will receive an email from NTSSA once you have been approved by them.
Once you have been approved to coach by NTSSA and DSA has contacted you regarding coaching a team, you will need to complete the CDC’s “Head’s Up, Concussion Awareness” training course.
- Log into your GotSoccer Coach account.
- From the gray menu bar, select “Concussion Center”.
- Select “Go To Courses Page” for Center of Disease Control’s Head’s Up Concussion Test”.
- Complete the 15-minute video and all test questions in ONE sitting. If you navigate from the page, it will require you to start over.
You will want to visit the Coaching Education page of our website to familiarize yourself. All new coaches are required to attend the Coaching 101 course presented by DSA. Please contact our Coaching Director, Pablo Esquibel at email@example.com for more information.
This is a mandatory meeting for ALL coaches at the beginning of the season. This is when you will receive important dates and information for the season, meet your age level commissioner and receive your team roster. A representative from each team must be at this meeting. Check our calendar for dates.
Duncanville Soccer Association
IN OFFICE HOURS: